“The photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts." ~ Walker Evans

Thursday, March 22, 2007

New Batch of Pictures!

I went crazy and posted a huge batch of photographs.

My portraits gallery was struggling a bit; it had exactly one picture in it of Dr. Kevin Dawson, professor at Fairfield University. Back in October, I was asked to do a photo shoot for a friend so we decided to pick a beautiful fall day and go camera crazy. I added four of my best shots from that day to the portraits gallery.

Amateurs beware: photographing in the high sun is not recommended, especially for photographing people. It causes ugly shadows and harsh lights on the subjects' skin tones. When doing outdoor portraiture, it is best to photograph during the early morning (sunrise until around 10am), late afternoon (around 3pm onward), or cloudy days (the photographer's natural softbox because of the diffused light).

You can tell that I find non-studio photography is fun as I love being able to manipulate natural light and use it to my advantage. That also has to do with how I am a poor college student that does not have the resources to set-up a photo studio.

I also added a shot of the Regina A. Quick Center, the auditorium at Fairfield University. This beautiful auditorium is used to host many live events from theatrical performances to captivating speakers such as Tim Russert from NBC's "Meet the Press." The shot was used on the front page of the Fairfield Mirror's Entertainment section on November 9th, 2006 for a story called, "So Quick you didn't catch it."

1 comment:

nor elshark said...

thank you I really appreciate it
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء