“The photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts." ~ Walker Evans

Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Additions

Two new shots have been added.

The first shot was featured in my article entitled, "Gay students navigate mix of acceptance and ignorance at F.U." The article and photograph are special to me because it focuses on my college roommate who courageously allowed his orientation to be publicized.

Even though I'm straight, I have NEVER had a problem living with someone of a different orientation. Heck, one of my other close friends is also gay. I just don't understand how people can have issues against the GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transexual) community. We're all human beings...

The second shot was from the morning of March 31st, 2005 - I had pulled an all-nighter because of some silly paper that I don't even remember the paper's topic. However, the spring sunrise was so beautiful that I had to go check it out. Taken at Sasco Hill Beach in Fairfield, this shot received Honorable Mention in The Fairfield Mirror's 1st Annual Photo Contest (this was before I aligned myself with the newspaper).

No comments: