“The photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts." ~ Walker Evans

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Planting a Tree: The American Express Way

Upon logging into American Express Online to pay my credit card bill, a big advertisement smashed into the center of my screen - in a good way.

Normally, my eye hastily veers away from most advertisements (I fall into that hard Male/19-24 years old demographic in which marketing companies find us to be...difficult...to gauge). However, AMex is in the midst of running a program called "The Members' Project."

The gist of this project is that AMex donates a dollar for every voting cardholder and ultimately putting five million dollars towards a member's winning idea. Ideas range from finding a cure for AIDS to preserving music within the public education system. In a perfect world, I would honestly vote for most of these causes (specifically, the ones that potentially advances society in a meaningful way).

However, I voted to "Plant a Million Trees - Global Reforestation." If you've seen Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, you'll know EXACTLY why I voted for this cause. Democrat, Republican, Left, Right, Up, Down, whatever - global warming is real.



P.S. I know it's been a long time since I've posted - the hiatus is now officially over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.piszem.pisz.pl/8665/kalendarze-ksiazkowe/]kalendarze ksi&#261&#380kowe[/url]